Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Brittany - My Barbie Bride


Whenever I'm talking about my wedding w/ Brittany this past Summer to friends or clients I always refer to her as my "Barbie Bride".  I, in no way mean this as a derogatory term.  I LOVED Barbie growing up and I still think Barbie is awesome.  Basically I just think Brittany looked so blonde, gorgeous and glamorous on her wedding that it was like Barbie getting married!  In fact I basically made her swear on her life that she would send me pictures after the wedding lol!  I just thought it would be such a shame if I didn't have a bride like her on my site!

One of the things I really loved about Brittany and the look we created for her wedding day is that she actually let me put makeup on her!  She wasn't afraid to be a little glamorous and smokey eyed. That doesn't mean it was super heavy but it was definitely a level up from what a lot of my brides let me do.  The funny thing is I KNOW future brides are going to be telling me they want to look like her but they won't want the style of makeup she has one b/c they will think it's "too much".  Truth is when you look at her pictures it doesn't look "too much" at all.  In fact, it reads pretty natural w/ glowing skin and a soft lip but the eye was a decent level Brown/Black/Gold smokey eye plus there was full black liner all around the eye.  I will totally admit though not every bride can pull off this look - for some it would be too much.  It all depends on your features, skin tone and comfort level of course.

I think one of the most exciting things about the wedding for me was the fact that Brittany's mom was a glamour girl just like Brittany.  I could definitely see where Brittany got her looks from.  I only wish I had pictures of her mom too b/c I don't think I've had a mom that let me do such a dramatic look on them before...and the thing is she totally pulled it off!  She looked great and I loved the full dramatic lashes on her!

Brittany was also another bride that had clip-in hair extensions for her wedding day.  She wanted her hair BIG w/ big, soft curls and we did just that.  The funny thing is like the makeup when you look at the hair it looks perfectly in line w/ the dress, her face, everything and yet I know there was volume! It's so important for brides to remember everything looks less dramatic (or more appropriately dramatic) once you have a big white gown on!  Plus I LOVE her hair piece...still one of the nicest ones I've seen to date...so different and unique!

More pics of this beautiful bride! Photography Courtesy of Stephanie Amoroso

Can you tell she's a dental hygienist - Perfect Smile!





Update...Brittany and her mom read the blog post and they sent me a pic of her mom...doesn't she look amazing!



No comments: